Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Recipe: Scheherazade's Dream Cobbler

I made this up for my church home group based on stuff lying around I wanted to use, thinking it would be delicious. It was. I named it thusly for the middle eastern influence by way of the cardamom (or so I fancy), and for my love of the movie Waitress.

Scheherazade's Dream Cobbler.

4 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp ground cardamom
3 peaches, skinned & diced
1 regular-size package of strawberries, diced (about 15-20)

Preheat toaster oven (for realsies!) to 375F. Mix peaches, strawberries, and 1 Tbsp of sugar. Mix in cardamom, and set aside to let the sugar gooify the fruit. Stir together melted butter, oats, and other Tbsp remaining of sugar. Add to the fruit mixture, or if you're feeling sassy, toast it first to give it a little crunch and sprinkle it on top. Spread it into an 8x8 brownie pan, and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment